Becoming an Island Innovation Hub partner will allow your organization to represent your country at the Virtual Island Summit. Hub Partners can plan and host an event within their region that will be globally promoted and streamed during the Virtual Island Summit.
As an addition to the Virtual Island Summit, Island Innovation would like to partner with various local organizations to form ‘Hubs’. These various hubs will be responsible for hosting local events within their region to set the stage for innovative and informative discussions around island sustainability, prosperous communities and climate change. Partner organizations can include private businesses, community groups, governments, universities and more!
The Hubs will create a space for conversations and capacity building for island-based companies and entrepreneurs to be inspired and introduced to global ideas surrounding sustainability and climate change. The Hubs will broker connections between business decision makers and local government. Applying the concepts of the Virtual summit locally. Hub events could take a variety of formats such as streaming the event live and inviting members of the public to attend or holding a local discussion on a specific pertinent issue. We encourage Hubs to be creative!
Hubs partners will be responsible for:
- Planning, funding and coordinating the logistics of the event.
- Coordinate any necessary speakers or equipment.
- Take photos and videos to share with the international community.
- Advertise and promote the event locally.
Island Innovation will provide:
- Provide partners with relevant supporting details and a support network.
- Provide speaking topic suggestions, ideas and inspiration.
- Link to further resources and training sessions.
- Advertise and promote the event internationally to our participants.
There is no deadline for applications but we recommend submission at the earliest opportunity to allow time for planning.